Idioms with Colours

Here are some examples

Red
I'm seeing red.
If you keep spending your money like this you will be soon in the red
Don't mention Tom's promotion to Mike. It would be like a red flag to a bull!

Blue
It came out of the blue!
I'm blue today
He's the director's blue-eyed boy!

Green
I'm green with envy.
We're ready to launch the campaign as soon as we get the green light.
Jake's garden is beautiful, he really does have green-fingers.




Black
I'm in a black mood today because he forgot my birthday.
He bought it in the black market
Last night, he blacked out

2 comentarios:

Susana dijo...

Que bueno es tu blog... me gustó mucho. De hecho lo citaré en el mío. Recibe un gran abrazo en la distancia... sigue adelante!

Libardo dijo...

Hello, I saw your blog and think it's interesting. I aslo created a blog related to idioms. I'd be glad if you could visit mine and leave a comment. Thus i can improve it.
http://www.libardoquijano.blogspot.com